Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Free Modern Quilt Patterns

 McCalls has published a 
FREE
e-book
with 
3 Quick Quilts.
Yes, you read that right!
This e-book is free
and can be downloaded 
I like Editor-In-Chief Beth Hayes
description of Modern Quilts:
"Notable for minimalist aesthetic, 
use of bright bold colors,
and large doses of white and other neutral colors,
asymmetrical designs, and 
free form piecing."
The 3 patterns from the book are
quick to make
and on a beginner to
confident beginner level.
 Pattern #1
Baubles and Beads
 Pattern #2
Rainbow Rhythm
Pattern #3
Lemon Squeezy

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Thanks for the links, Nedra.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that last one - looks like the jelly roll race or whatever it is called set on point - I prefer it over the other that I see over and over again.

Nanette Merrill said...

Good ideas. I'm starting to be a modern believer.

Cindy said...

Thanks Nedra for the link--I'm glad the word 'beginner' was in there! I love the one with squares--could I do that???

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks Nedra, those quilts look fresh and colorful - Hugs Nat